Kid’s Party Photo-ops
It’s great to get a few mementos of the day in the form of some photos, especially after putting so much
effort into the party!
If you have an AMWAC (Another Mother With A Camera) as a friend, ask her to take pictures for you.
Party “Shot List” Pointers
1. Take a “Pre-Party Shot” before guests arrive so that you have a permanent record of all her hard work decorating for the party.
- Spy parties-the kids wear black
- Cowboy parties – flannel shirts and jeans
- Princess parties – fancy dresses
- Circus party – bright clothes in clashing colours
3. Don’t forget to break out the costume items like hats (hats can be sent home with each party-goer).
4. Mid-party is a good time for photos, when the kids are in the groove and comfortable with each other, (but not the party end as some children might be leaving early).
5. Try to get an “individual shot” of each child.
6. You can send the digital pictures along to the email addresses on the sign-in sheet.
For distributing photos after the party use the free “dropbox” program, load up all the pictures and label them accordingly (bug party-johnny) and send the parents the link to the dropbox. Then the parents can take a peek, and download the picture if they like it.
7. Consider setting up a photo booth and assemble some fun props!
8. Oh… and turn off your flash for the “blow the candles out” shot … (much better that way). Use a tripod or brace yourself and peel off 5-6 shots in rapid succession (one will be in focus!)